Several phones showing the cover for the Xyleme course.

Lyme Disease Xyleme Course

Client: Relias
Website: relias.com
Date: August 3, 2020

What I Did

  • Revised a course in Xyleme
  • Added multiple new interactions to engage the learner
  • Looked through the template code for errors
  • Reported errors to Xyleme through my manager

The Need: To Update the Course

Information on diseases is constantly changing, so Relias needs to update their courses for healthcare professionals periodically. One of the writers had just updated the information on their course about Lyme disease and assigned me to build it in Xyleme.

The Process

I uploaded the course transcript to Xyleme and then built the course. I added new tabbed interactions and carousels to keep the learner interested in the course content.

As I made few edits the QA testers and curriculum designers suggested, I realized the carousel would bounce constantly after the learner went through it. Also, the writers felt that the completion checkmarks for some of the tabs were too close to the tabs’ names.

I solved the checkmark issue by editing the SCSS for these tabs. Xyleme resolved the carousel issue after my manager reported it to them because it could not be fixed on our end. I warned the other builders about this issue before it was fixed in case they wanted to use carousels in their courses.

After additional review, we published the course on our LMS.

The Result

Currently, the course has gained a net promoter score of 50.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.